Thursday, February 7, 2019

San Antonio talent


San Antonio salseras have a certain look.  I've learned to spot it in the clubs.
They are more sophisticated in their dress than the more laid-back Austin
women. 

Last night, I spotted a San Antonio girl.  She looked like a beginner to me.
I asked her to dance.  On the way to the dance floor, I said:

"You're from San Antonio, aren't you."

She turned to me and said: "Yes, how'd you know?"

"Just a guess,"  I replied.

She said:  “I’m a beginner, so go easy on me.”

I said ok. We began with the basic step, and she was way too stiff and self-
conscious and contrived, but I could sense her talent.  

I said: “Honey, you have the look, and you have the talent, you just need
repetitions. Let me lead you. Relax, take a deep breath, and follow your hand.” 

She did, and we had a good time.  I hope to see her again.





No comments:

Post a Comment