Monday, March 6, 2017

Ya think?

Back in the ‘80’s, I used to live out Bee Cave Road in the Lake Hills area.  One night, my first ex-wife drove us into town for happy hour.  I looked over at the speedometer and saw 60 in a 45 zone. 

I said: “You sure are driving fast.”

Moments later, strobing red lights flooded the interior of the car.

We pulled over.  A West Lake Hills cop approached her window, and said:

“Do you know you were going 60?”

I said: “See, I told you so.”

I looked at Donna.  Steam came out of her ears.

The cop looked at us both.  Perhaps recalling his previous encounters with domestic disputes, he handed her license and registration back, said: 

“Have a nice night,” and returned to his patrol car. 

Leaving us alone.

I think that is one of the reasons we divorced.






No comments:

Post a Comment